I’m tellin ya ahead of time….it’s a picture heavy post.
It was time for me to take a closer look at the engine of my van. This won’t be the first time I had the “dog house” cover off, but it will be the first time I’m taking a good look into what I’ll have to do in the near future.
It comes apart in two sections.
It’s really pretty easy to
take apart….two 1/2″ bolts
on the floor….
….and two clamps on both sides
at the top.
Once you get both sections off, you have access to a great portion of the engine.
When I removed the breather cover, there was a strong gas odor. I’ll probably replace the oxygen sensors.
Spark plugs don’t look so hot either.
I climbed underneath to see why my
tires were worn and part of the reason,
the ball joints have no grease.
I rotated the tires to finish up. The van is in sound condition and once I get the tune up and some tires I should be good for a bit.
I tinted the windows a couple weeks ago…it looks much better from a distance, but not bad for doing it alone. The instructions suggest two people; that is some hard stuff to work with I’ll tell ya! I removed the windows from the van and tinted them that way.
On another note….I’m thinking of designing new signatures for my blogs.
Leave a Reply